In 2014, I did a project where I would reach out to various Chicago – based entrepreneurs and founders and ask them to have coffee with me and tell me about their story, philosophies, and current projects or businesses. What I learned (which is never what you set out to learn):
- Domain registration and web hosting services
- Some basic HTML and CSS and Word Press
- People are more willing to share their ideas with you than you would think
- It’s OK to do something ‘just because’. Not everything is more complicated than that.
I’ve migrated it off of belikepeter.com and saved it in archive here.
Be Like Peter. is about sharing stories and talents within the start-up, founder and creative community so we can benefit from and help each other grow. It was initially born out of the need for some corporate detox and for exploring a community grounded in collaboration versus hierarchies.
The idea and inspiration for Be Like Peter. came after an early interview. Peter is a character from the NBC Heroes television show who has the power to mimic and absorb the super powers of those around him. If he surrounds himself by the right people and talents, he is essentially unstoppable.
Let’s help each other be unstoppable.
Interested in sharing a story or contributing artwork? You can reach me in at least 4 different ways, thanks to technology.
Can’t wait to hear your story. Thanks for stopping by!
Be Like Peter. Ambassadors are creators, founders and artists within the community who are willing to have coffee with a stranger, share their stories and share their talents. They inspire and motivate others to Be Like Peter.
- Aaron Frazin, Charlie App
- Brian Hill, Jail Education Solutions
- Chris Mantz, Drift Eyewear
- Claire Lew, Know Your Company
- Corbett Drummey, Popular Pays
- Dan Novaes, MobileX Labs
- Deepak Goel, Karma Circles
- Eliad Inbar, Tangiblee
- Hilary Sawchuk, A Drink With
- Jason Kunesh, Public Good
- Jay Savsani, Meal Sharing
- Jeremy Balboni, Brooklyn Boulders
- Jeremy Klein, Table SAVVY
- Jimmy Odom, WeDeliver
- Julie Schumacher, Well Turned Words and Forth Chicago
- Kathryn Pisco, Unearth the World
- Katie Hench, Infiniteach
- Katlin Mills, Simple Mills
- Kris Petersen, Mac and Mia
- Lauren Katzberg, TheStylisted
- Levi Baer, Coffee & Conversation and Levi Baer Consulting
- Martin McGovern, Idea Lemon
- Mayank Garg, Gozent
- Mike Preuss, Visible
- Neal Sales – Griffin, The Starter League
- Nicole Yeary, Ms. Tech
- Raj Karmani, Zero Percent
- Rajiv Nathan, Idea Lemon
- Riana Lynn, Food Trace
- Rose Afriyie, mRelief
- Ross Petersen, Blitsy
- Sarah Press, Project Fixup
- Shannon Downey, Pivotal Production
- Shiv Rajendran, Totus Power
- Steven Dyme, Flowers for Dreams
- Shivani Jain, Fitness Cubed
- Ted Gonder, Moneythink
- Tiffaney Florentine, Trodo